Bentley in, Berbatov out in transfer merry-go-round
SPURS, who could start the new season without top strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane, are reported to have agreed a £17million deal for Blackburn s David Bentley, writes Patrick Mooney. Bentley s arrival at the Lane will probably also see unsettl
SPURS, who could start the new season without top strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane, are reported to have agreed a £17million deal for Blackburn's David Bentley, writes Patrick Mooney.
Bentley's arrival at the Lane will probably also see unsettled goalkeeper Paul Robinson, who is not in Spain with the rest of the squad, move in the opposite direction, although he has also attracted interest from Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.
Bentley, who missed his team's 2-1 friendly win at Macclesfield on Monday, has expressed a desire to move to London - despite Villa having had a bid of £15 million turned down by Blackburn.
Coach Juande Ramos is planning to play a lone striker next season and that paves the way for Berbatov and Keane to leave.
You may also want to watch:
The Bulgarian is set to move to Manchester United for £28million while Liverpool remain intent on landing Keane despite Tottenham insisting on a £20million fee.
But Spurs, who are looking at Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz and Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko as possible replacements, will not allow Berbatov to move until they have a replacement.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Letters: The floods!
Berbatov and Keane each played 45 minutes for Spurs in an 8-0 win over Tavernes in a friendly in Spain on Tuesday.