Bendtner should be back against Rovers despite car crash scare
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend s home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday. The Danish striker s Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners London Colney training ground just after 10am. He
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday.
The Danish striker's Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners' London Colney training ground just after 10am.
He misses tonight's Champions League clash with Olympiacos after sitting out training, but Arsene Wenger said: "Fortunately there was no real long-term damage, but he was bruised and we thought it better he did not train. He should be back for Sunday's game."
The East of England Ambulance Service said Bendtner had a "very lucky escape", straining a shoulder and grazing his knees.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "When the ambulance crews arrived at the scene they found a car which was badly damaged after it collided with the hard shoulder fence and a tree.
"A man who we believe to be 21 years old received minor injuries. Following a checkover by paramedics.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate