Bendtner should be back against Rovers despite car crash scare
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend s home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday. The Danish striker s Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners London Colney training ground just after 10am. He
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday.
The Danish striker's Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners' London Colney training ground just after 10am.
He misses tonight's Champions League clash with Olympiacos after sitting out training, but Arsene Wenger said: "Fortunately there was no real long-term damage, but he was bruised and we thought it better he did not train. He should be back for Sunday's game."
The East of England Ambulance Service said Bendtner had a "very lucky escape", straining a shoulder and grazing his knees.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "When the ambulance crews arrived at the scene they found a car which was badly damaged after it collided with the hard shoulder fence and a tree.
"A man who we believe to be 21 years old received minor injuries. Following a checkover by paramedics.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate