Shop Local: Highgate and Gospel Oak grocer to open Belsize organic store
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The former Sylvester Fine Art in Belsize Village is set to become an organic food store.
The Belsize Lane shop is due to be opened on November 23 by Alper Kocer, who already has two organic shops, Highgate Wholefoods in Highgate Village, and Goods Grocery in Gospel Oak.
Alper told the Ham&High he was encouraged to expand by soaring trade during lockdown.
“I’ve always supported local businesses, and I trust my friendly neighbours here to also support local shops,” he said.
“Our products have a positive effect on people, and customers always say it’s so nice to have us around.”
You may also want to watch:
Though he isn’t vegan himself, Alper’s wife Nurcan is, and he said people in the area are increasingly interested in vegan and organic food.
The shopkeeper has lived in London for four years, having moved from Turkey’s capital, Ankara, with his wife. The couple have a 22-month-old son.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen