Shop Local: Highgate and Gospel Oak grocer to open Belsize organic store
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The former Sylvester Fine Art in Belsize Village is set to become an organic food store.
The Belsize Lane shop is due to be opened on November 23 by Alper Kocer, who already has two organic shops, Highgate Wholefoods in Highgate Village, and Goods Grocery in Gospel Oak.
Alper told the Ham&High he was encouraged to expand by soaring trade during lockdown.
“I’ve always supported local businesses, and I trust my friendly neighbours here to also support local shops,” he said.
“Our products have a positive effect on people, and customers always say it’s so nice to have us around.”
You may also want to watch:
Though he isn’t vegan himself, Alper’s wife Nurcan is, and he said people in the area are increasingly interested in vegan and organic food.
The shopkeeper has lived in London for four years, having moved from Turkey’s capital, Ankara, with his wife. The couple have a 22-month-old son.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'