Shop Local: Highgate and Gospel Oak grocer to open Belsize organic store
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The former Sylvester Fine Art in Belsize Village is set to become an organic food store.
The Belsize Lane shop is due to be opened on November 23 by Alper Kocer, who already has two organic shops, Highgate Wholefoods in Highgate Village, and Goods Grocery in Gospel Oak.
Alper told the Ham&High he was encouraged to expand by soaring trade during lockdown.
“I’ve always supported local businesses, and I trust my friendly neighbours here to also support local shops,” he said.
“Our products have a positive effect on people, and customers always say it’s so nice to have us around.”
You may also want to watch:
Though he isn’t vegan himself, Alper’s wife Nurcan is, and he said people in the area are increasingly interested in vegan and organic food.
The shopkeeper has lived in London for four years, having moved from Turkey’s capital, Ankara, with his wife. The couple have a 22-month-old son.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's