Belsize post office closure threat adds insult to injury
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England s Lane sub post office is under threat. That s adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices. The Labour government just
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England's Lane sub post office is under threat. That's adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices.
The Labour government just does not seem to understand that post offices are, for most people, a crucial pillar of their communities and, for some, an absolute lifeline.
They appear to have absolutely no strategy for the network - unless you consider closing post offices and privatising the network to be a strategy. We are running a 'Save Our Post Office' petition stall on Saturday mornings in England's Lane. Nearly 500 people signed it on day one, proving that there is huge concern about this issue. My aim is to get at least 50 per cent of Belsize signed up. So please come along and register your support.
You could also email the Chancellor, Alistair Darling, to express your outrage - firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Alexis Rowell
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home