Belsize post office closure threat adds insult to injury
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England s Lane sub post office is under threat. That s adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices. The Labour government just
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England's Lane sub post office is under threat. That's adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices.
The Labour government just does not seem to understand that post offices are, for most people, a crucial pillar of their communities and, for some, an absolute lifeline.
They appear to have absolutely no strategy for the network - unless you consider closing post offices and privatising the network to be a strategy. We are running a 'Save Our Post Office' petition stall on Saturday mornings in England's Lane. Nearly 500 people signed it on day one, proving that there is huge concern about this issue. My aim is to get at least 50 per cent of Belsize signed up. So please come along and register your support.
You could also email the Chancellor, Alistair Darling, to express your outrage - email@example.com .
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Alexis Rowell
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United