Belsize post office closure threat adds insult to injury
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England s Lane sub post office is under threat. That s adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices. The Labour government just
Another day, another proposed post office closure. This time England's Lane sub post office is under threat. That's adding insult to injury for the residents of Belsize who have already lost two of their three sub post offices.
The Labour government just does not seem to understand that post offices are, for most people, a crucial pillar of their communities and, for some, an absolute lifeline.
They appear to have absolutely no strategy for the network - unless you consider closing post offices and privatising the network to be a strategy. We are running a 'Save Our Post Office' petition stall on Saturday mornings in England's Lane. Nearly 500 people signed it on day one, proving that there is huge concern about this issue. My aim is to get at least 50 per cent of Belsize signed up. So please come along and register your support.
You could also email the Chancellor, Alistair Darling, to express your outrage - email@example.com .
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Alexis Rowell
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate