Belsize Park: ‘Huge bang’ as car flips and occupants vanish
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed and flipped over in Belsize Park last night – with the occupants mysteriously fleeing.
Police said a moving car smashed into a parked car and spun onto its roof in England’s Lane at around 8.25pm.
A spokesman for the Met said the occupants had left the scene by the time police arrived.
Speaking to the Ham&High, a witness said the crash produced a “huge bang” that was heard along the street.
In one image, police can be seen inspecting what appears to be a large collection of vehicle number plates.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were put in place at the time but have now been removed.
Camden officers are now investigating the circumstances of the crash.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
No arrests have been made.