Belsize Park: ‘Huge bang’ as car flips and occupants vanish
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed and flipped over in Belsize Park last night – with the occupants mysteriously fleeing.
Police said a moving car smashed into a parked car and spun onto its roof in England’s Lane at around 8.25pm.
A spokesman for the Met said the occupants had left the scene by the time police arrived.
Speaking to the Ham&High, a witness said the crash produced a “huge bang” that was heard along the street.
In one image, police can be seen inspecting what appears to be a large collection of vehicle number plates.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were put in place at the time but have now been removed.
Camden officers are now investigating the circumstances of the crash.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
No arrests have been made.