Belsize Park: ‘Huge bang’ as car flips and occupants vanish
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed and flipped over in Belsize Park last night – with the occupants mysteriously fleeing.
Police said a moving car smashed into a parked car and spun onto its roof in England’s Lane at around 8.25pm.
A spokesman for the Met said the occupants had left the scene by the time police arrived.
Speaking to the Ham&High, a witness said the crash produced a “huge bang” that was heard along the street.
In one image, police can be seen inspecting what appears to be a large collection of vehicle number plates.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were put in place at the time but have now been removed.
Camden officers are now investigating the circumstances of the crash.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
No arrests have been made.