Belsize Park fire: Man found dead in flat after derelict building blaze
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found dead in a Belsize Park flat after a fire in a derelict housing block.
At around 3.30pm yesterday (February 14) firefighters were called to Maitland Park Villas where the whole of a two-room second floor flat was under flames.
A man was found dead at the property, with police currently treating the fatality as "unexplained".
Crews of the London Fire Brigade (LFB) from Kentish Town, Euston and West Hampstead brought the fire under control just after 5pm.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police and LFB officers will return to Maitland Park Villas today (February 15) to carry out further enquiries and forensics.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm