Belsize Park fire: Man found dead in flat after derelict building blaze
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found dead in a Belsize Park flat after a fire in a derelict housing block.
At around 3.30pm yesterday (February 14) firefighters were called to Maitland Park Villas where the whole of a two-room second floor flat was under flames.
A man was found dead at the property, with police currently treating the fatality as "unexplained".
Crews of the London Fire Brigade (LFB) from Kentish Town, Euston and West Hampstead brought the fire under control just after 5pm.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police and LFB officers will return to Maitland Park Villas today (February 15) to carry out further enquiries and forensics.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses