Belsize Park fire: Man found dead in flat after derelict building blaze
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found dead in a Belsize Park flat after a fire in a derelict housing block.
At around 3.30pm yesterday (February 14) firefighters were called to Maitland Park Villas where the whole of a two-room second floor flat was under flames.
A man was found dead at the property, with police currently treating the fatality as "unexplained".
Crews of the London Fire Brigade (LFB) from Kentish Town, Euston and West Hampstead brought the fire under control just after 5pm.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police and LFB officers will return to Maitland Park Villas today (February 15) to carry out further enquiries and forensics.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'