Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office celebrate their first birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A cake was shared to celebrate the first birthdays of Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office.
To mark the anniversary, children and parents from the library’s community singalong group sang tunes with staff from the post office last Thursday.
The celebrations took place outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, where the post office is located.
The store’s poet laureate, Dr Robert Ilson, gave a reading to celebrate the day.
Belsize Library was handed over to the community last year.
You may also want to watch:
The post office in Haverstock Hill also opened a year ago in Budgens and has some of the longest opening hours in London.
To celebrate their shared anniversary the post office donated £150 to the community library.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, who was in charge of the library handover and present at the event, said: “This anniversary marks the fantastic success of Belsize Park Post Office, and it’s great to see the support it is providing the Belsize Community Library.”