Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office celebrate their first birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A cake was shared to celebrate the first birthdays of Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office.
To mark the anniversary, children and parents from the library’s community singalong group sang tunes with staff from the post office last Thursday.
The celebrations took place outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, where the post office is located.
The store’s poet laureate, Dr Robert Ilson, gave a reading to celebrate the day.
Belsize Library was handed over to the community last year.
You may also want to watch:
The post office in Haverstock Hill also opened a year ago in Budgens and has some of the longest opening hours in London.
To celebrate their shared anniversary the post office donated £150 to the community library.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, who was in charge of the library handover and present at the event, said: “This anniversary marks the fantastic success of Belsize Park Post Office, and it’s great to see the support it is providing the Belsize Community Library.”