Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office celebrate their first birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A cake was shared to celebrate the first birthdays of Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office.
To mark the anniversary, children and parents from the library’s community singalong group sang tunes with staff from the post office last Thursday.
The celebrations took place outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, where the post office is located.
The store’s poet laureate, Dr Robert Ilson, gave a reading to celebrate the day.
Belsize Library was handed over to the community last year.
You may also want to watch:
The post office in Haverstock Hill also opened a year ago in Budgens and has some of the longest opening hours in London.
To celebrate their shared anniversary the post office donated £150 to the community library.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, who was in charge of the library handover and present at the event, said: “This anniversary marks the fantastic success of Belsize Park Post Office, and it’s great to see the support it is providing the Belsize Community Library.”