Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office celebrate their first birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A cake was shared to celebrate the first birthdays of Belsize Community Library and Belsize Park Post Office.
To mark the anniversary, children and parents from the library’s community singalong group sang tunes with staff from the post office last Thursday.
The celebrations took place outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, where the post office is located.
The store’s poet laureate, Dr Robert Ilson, gave a reading to celebrate the day.
Belsize Library was handed over to the community last year.
The post office in Haverstock Hill also opened a year ago in Budgens and has some of the longest opening hours in London.
To celebrate their shared anniversary the post office donated £150 to the community library.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 'James Blake returns to childhood stomping ground with euphoric set'
Cllr Tulip Siddiq, who was in charge of the library handover and present at the event, said: “This anniversary marks the fantastic success of Belsize Park Post Office, and it’s great to see the support it is providing the Belsize Community Library.”