Hamper plan to bring two sides of Haringey together
- Credit: Christina Davis
A Haringey woman is looking to use food and beer to bridge divides in the borough and foster a sense of community.
Christina Davis, who has worked in marketing and events and also provides voluntary support with Haringey Police's social media, saw business dry up during the pandemic.
Inspired by the bus routes which connect the east and west of the borough, she's launched Tottenham Tiffin - to deliver local beer and snacks in a hamper to those who fancy supporting local producers.
She said: "There's often a very obvious divide in Haringey. Often people in Highgate perhaps don't know Bruce Castle; people in Tottenham don't know Waterlow Park.
"There were perhaps two drivers for this. One being that my job has pretty much gone to the wall, and then with all this talk of community I wanted to see how this could actually work - in terms of bringing people together.
You may also want to watch:
"One thing that does bring people together is food - and there are a lot of independent breweries in Tottenham."
To find out more about Christina's hampers, visit beerinsider.com/tottenham-tiffin
- 1 Paedophile jailed for taking 'indecent photos' of a child
- 2 Hampstead Heath 150: Swimmers celebrate a ‘breathtaking paradise’
- 3 Cyclist brings Everest to Highgate in charity challenge
- 4 Police appeal after shih-tzu mauled by dog in Regent's Park
- 5 Nightmare continues at Tottenham in managerial search
- 6 Camden man leaps from dock and flees court after being handed jail term
- 7 Woman killed in Camden car crash
- 8 Old Haverstock Hill NatWest to become a Nisa
- 9 Campaign to protect 'century-old' lime tree in Highgate
- 10 Three recipes with strawberries