‘Beast of Shepherd’s Hill’ returns to prowl Highgate’s streets
- Credit: Archant
It has been nearly three years since dumbfounded residents first spotted an oversized cat with leopard-print spots prowling the streets of Highgate – dubbing it the “beast of Shepherd’s Hill”.
But another wild cat look-a-like was spied this week by mother-of-three Lynn Ferguson, of Northwood Road, Highgate, who quickly snapped a picture of it in her back garden.
It is not known whether it is the same exotic-looking cat that roamed Highgate’s residential gardens back in 2011.
The Ham&High revealed at the time that the so-called “beast” was, in fact, a designer Savannah cat – a cross between a domestic pet and a serval, a large African wild cat.
Ms Ferguson, 51, said: “I couldn’t believe my eyes when I spotted the cat strolling around my garden – it looks remarkably like a leopard.”
The training consultant continued: “It certainly is an audacious moggy – it strutted into my kitchen as if it owned the place and I’ve caught it in the garden several times now.
“It looks so unlike any household pet I’ve seen that it had me scratching my head and wondering where it came from. You certainly don’t expect African big cat descendants lurking in Highgate.”
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 3 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 6 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 7 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 8 Parliament Hill's second kite display an 'unqualified success'
- 9 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 10 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’