Beard Liberation Front is backing Tory election candidate
The Beard Liberation Front, the informal network of beard wearers, has taken the unusual step of intervening in a local Council By-Election to call for support for the hirsute Tory candidate Peter Forrest. The BLF is an all party group that campaigns ag
The Beard Liberation Front, the informal network of beard wearers, has taken the unusual step of intervening in a local Council By-Election to call for support for the hirsute Tory candidate Peter Forrest.
The BLF is an all party group that campaigns against beardism, irrational prejudice against the hirsute.
In the case of the Highgate By-Election for a seat on Haringey Council, the only hirsute candidate is bluff Northerner Peter Forrest.
The BLF says that in general it would welcome a rise in hirsuteness on Haringey Council, although Mr Forrest is not a known supporter of the principles of beard liberation.
You may also want to watch:
BLF Organiser Keith Flett said 'It may be that Mr Forrest's Conservative politics hold him back in what has been a safe LibDem seat in recent years. However his candidacy as a hirsute candidate is to be supported in what, thanks to Karl Marx's grave, is one of the spiritual homes of beard liberation
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'