Beard Liberation Front is backing Tory election candidate
The Beard Liberation Front, the informal network of beard wearers, has taken the unusual step of intervening in a local Council By-Election to call for support for the hirsute Tory candidate Peter Forrest. The BLF is an all party group that campaigns ag
The Beard Liberation Front, the informal network of beard wearers, has taken the unusual step of intervening in a local Council By-Election to call for support for the hirsute Tory candidate Peter Forrest.
The BLF is an all party group that campaigns against beardism, irrational prejudice against the hirsute.
In the case of the Highgate By-Election for a seat on Haringey Council, the only hirsute candidate is bluff Northerner Peter Forrest.
The BLF says that in general it would welcome a rise in hirsuteness on Haringey Council, although Mr Forrest is not a known supporter of the principles of beard liberation.
You may also want to watch:
BLF Organiser Keith Flett said 'It may be that Mr Forrest's Conservative politics hold him back in what has been a safe LibDem seat in recent years. However his candidacy as a hirsute candidate is to be supported in what, thanks to Karl Marx's grave, is one of the spiritual homes of beard liberation
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response