Beach Club loses the fight to carry on swinging
A naturist club in Kilburn which police claim is a brothel has had its licence revoked. The Soho Beach House in Kilburn High Road was stripped of its licence by Camden Council bosses last night (Thursday). In the course of 10 visits since March, police co
A club in Kilburn which police claim is a brothel has had its licence revoked.
The Soho Beach House in Kilburn High Road was stripped of its licence by Camden Council bosses last night (Thursday).
In the course of 10 visits since March, police compiled a dossier of evidence including used condoms, traces of cocaine and reports from the public that women were available for £120.
Owner Douglas Ifedha asked for a second chance, saying his club was not a brothel and that he had learned from his mistakes.
You may also want to watch:
But he could not convince the licensing panel. He said the cost of £120 was for entry to an all-night private party, which included drinks but not sex, although only the men pay.
"It's not a brothel at all. It's a themed event - it's a swingers party," he pleaded.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
"We don't have women there and men paying them for sex. We have couples or bikini nights.
"There might be sex going on but it's a private party. People don't understand what's going on in there."
Mr Ifedha has vowed to appeal the decision.
For a full report, read next week's Ham&High.