Be warned: resident parking bays aren't for ever
Your readers should be alerted to the fact that resident parking bays are not intended to be used by residents for a period of longer than a few days. I discovered this recently when I went away for the weekend and returned to find that the bay had been
Your readers should be alerted to the fact that resident parking bays are not intended to be used by residents for a period of longer than a few days.
I discovered this recently when I went away for the weekend and returned to find that the bay had been suspended and that my car had received a parking ticket.
I wrote to contest the ticket on the grounds that advising on a Friday of a bay suspension to come into effect on Monday in a zone where no parking restrictions apply at the weekend constituted inadequate notice.
The reply I received stated that resident bays are not primarily intended for long-term parking and that the advance warning given was sufficient.
You may also want to watch:
In the report of the Parking Scrutiny Panel which was published last summer on Camden's website, the recommendation is that two weeks is given of a bay suspension. Despite this, Camden have decided to enforce the notice. It seems that Camden considers that 24 hours is considered adequate notice of a suspension and that leaving a car in the same spot for three days is considered long-term.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 10 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
St Cuthberts Road, NW2