Fire crews tackle basement blaze in Maida Vale
- Credit: LFB
Firefighters tackled a blaze in a basement flat of a six storey block in Maida Vale.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a flat fire in Malvern Road at 9.15am on June 8.
Part of a basement flat in a six-storey block was damaged by the fire, London Fire Brigade (LFB) said.
There were no reports of any injuries.
LFB station officer Graham Danbury said: "The fire was in a bedroom in a basement flat, but the flat could only be accessed from the ground floor which proved difficult.
"However crews managed to quickly gain access and tackled the fire before it really took hold and the fire was contained to the bedroom, with smoke logging in the rest of the flat.
"There was no one inside the property at the time of the fire so fortunately no one was injured."
The fire was under control by 9.50am.
Fire crews from Paddington, North Kensington and West Hampstead fire stations were at the scene.
- 1 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 4 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 5 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 8 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 9 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
The cause of the fire is under investigation.