Barnet Council elections - Tory clean sweep in Hampstead Garden Suburb
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer s victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections. As the results begin to trickle in fo
Latest Barnet local election results
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer's victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections.
As the results begin to trickle in for the Barnet local elections it was announced the Conservatives have held firm in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The Tories kept hold of all three council seats where incumbents John Marshall and Andrew secured more than 4,200 each and Daniel Seal, who is replacing outgoing councillor Jazmin Naghar scored just less 4000 votes.
The men in blue were well clear of their nearest rivals the Lib Dem candidates who Naomi Byrne, Peter Lusher and Simon Motz who received 1,525, 1,259 and 1,100 respectively.
Labour candidates Janet Solomons, Tony Boulton and Cordy McNeil received 1,339, 1,216 and 1,116 respectively.
- 1 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
The Conservatives are expected to hold onto overall control of the Town Hall once all the results are in.