Barnet Council elections - Tory clean sweep in Hampstead Garden Suburb
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer s victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections. As the results begin to trickle in fo
Latest Barnet local election results
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer's victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections.
As the results begin to trickle in for the Barnet local elections it was announced the Conservatives have held firm in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The Tories kept hold of all three council seats where incumbents John Marshall and Andrew secured more than 4,200 each and Daniel Seal, who is replacing outgoing councillor Jazmin Naghar scored just less 4000 votes.
You may also want to watch:
The men in blue were well clear of their nearest rivals the Lib Dem candidates who Naomi Byrne, Peter Lusher and Simon Motz who received 1,525, 1,259 and 1,100 respectively.
Labour candidates Janet Solomons, Tony Boulton and Cordy McNeil received 1,339, 1,216 and 1,116 respectively.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
The Conservatives are expected to hold onto overall control of the Town Hall once all the results are in.