Barnet Council elections - Tory clean sweep in Hampstead Garden Suburb
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer s victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections. As the results begin to trickle in fo
Latest Barnet local election results
It has been a great election for the Tories in Barnet where MP Mike Freer's victory in Finchley and Golders Green constituency was followed up by success in the council elections.
As the results begin to trickle in for the Barnet local elections it was announced the Conservatives have held firm in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The Tories kept hold of all three council seats where incumbents John Marshall and Andrew secured more than 4,200 each and Daniel Seal, who is replacing outgoing councillor Jazmin Naghar scored just less 4000 votes.
You may also want to watch:
The men in blue were well clear of their nearest rivals the Lib Dem candidates who Naomi Byrne, Peter Lusher and Simon Motz who received 1,525, 1,259 and 1,100 respectively.
Labour candidates Janet Solomons, Tony Boulton and Cordy McNeil received 1,339, 1,216 and 1,116 respectively.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
The Conservatives are expected to hold onto overall control of the Town Hall once all the results are in.