Barnet Council appoint Andrew Travers as interim chief executive
Barnet Council has appointed a new interim chief executive following the resignation of Nick Walkley earlier this month.
Deputy chief executive Andrew Travers will step up from his current role to fill the vacant post left by Mr Walkley for the next six months.
The decision, subject to full council approval on November 6, was made at yesterday’s remuneration committee meeting.
Mr Travers said: “This is an exciting moment to be appointed interim chief executive at Barnet Council.
“We will be delivering some of the key projects in our One Barnet change programme, but also developing our solutions to the challenges faced by the whole of local government over the next few years. We are currently well on course to do this.”
You may also want to watch:
The appointment follows the resignation of Mr Walkley on October 4, he has since become chief executive of Haringey Council.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike