Balloon race challenge for charity
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday. Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley s art p
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday.
Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley's art project.
All balloons will be printed with the name of their owner and the one that travels the longest distance will win.
First prize is a night's stay in the 4*Cavendish Hotel with cinema tickets, dinner and a trip on a speed boat thrown in.
All money raised will go to leukaemia charity Karen Morris Memorial Trust which supports patients of the disease and their families.
To find out more about Ms Mendes' charity campaign go to her website www.ontheplinth.co.uk and to buy a balloon go to www.justgiving.com/balloon-race.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 5 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 6 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 7 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 8 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 9 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
Her slot on the plinth runs from 8pm to 9pm on Wednesday August 19.