Balloon race challenge for charity
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday. Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley s art p
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday.
Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley's art project.
All balloons will be printed with the name of their owner and the one that travels the longest distance will win.
First prize is a night's stay in the 4*Cavendish Hotel with cinema tickets, dinner and a trip on a speed boat thrown in.
All money raised will go to leukaemia charity Karen Morris Memorial Trust which supports patients of the disease and their families.
To find out more about Ms Mendes' charity campaign go to her website www.ontheplinth.co.uk and to buy a balloon go to www.justgiving.com/balloon-race.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 6 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
Her slot on the plinth runs from 8pm to 9pm on Wednesday August 19.