Balloon race challenge for charity
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday. Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley s art p
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday.
Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley's art project.
All balloons will be printed with the name of their owner and the one that travels the longest distance will win.
First prize is a night's stay in the 4*Cavendish Hotel with cinema tickets, dinner and a trip on a speed boat thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will go to leukaemia charity Karen Morris Memorial Trust which supports patients of the disease and their families.
To find out more about Ms Mendes' charity campaign go to her website www.ontheplinth.co.uk and to buy a balloon go to www.justgiving.com/balloon-race.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
Her slot on the plinth runs from 8pm to 9pm on Wednesday August 19.