Balloon race challenge for charity
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday. Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley s art p
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday.
Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley's art project.
All balloons will be printed with the name of their owner and the one that travels the longest distance will win.
First prize is a night's stay in the 4*Cavendish Hotel with cinema tickets, dinner and a trip on a speed boat thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will go to leukaemia charity Karen Morris Memorial Trust which supports patients of the disease and their families.
To find out more about Ms Mendes' charity campaign go to her website www.ontheplinth.co.uk and to buy a balloon go to www.justgiving.com/balloon-race.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 4 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
Her slot on the plinth runs from 8pm to 9pm on Wednesday August 19.