Balloon race challenge for charity
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday. Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley s art p
A Primrose Hill woman is doing a balloon race from Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth to raise money for charity on Wednesday.
Liz Mendes is looking for people to buy balloons which she will then release from the monument as part of Anthony Gormley's art project.
All balloons will be printed with the name of their owner and the one that travels the longest distance will win.
First prize is a night's stay in the 4*Cavendish Hotel with cinema tickets, dinner and a trip on a speed boat thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will go to leukaemia charity Karen Morris Memorial Trust which supports patients of the disease and their families.
To find out more about Ms Mendes' charity campaign go to her website www.ontheplinth.co.uk and to buy a balloon go to www.justgiving.com/balloon-race.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve
Her slot on the plinth runs from 8pm to 9pm on Wednesday August 19.