Baker Street evacuated after suspected electrical fire
- Credit: TFL
People have been evacuated from Baker Street after a suspected electrical fire where explosions were heard.
The road, which contains a London Underground station and the Sherlock Holmes Museum, is closed at the junctions of Park Road and Marylebone.
The fire brigade were called at 10:40am to reports of manhole on fire.
People near the scene have also reported hearing a “small” explosion.
Around 30 people have been evacuated from buildings on the street as a precaution. No injuries have been reported.
You may also want to watch:
The police are also on the scene.
London Underground services from the station are unaffected, with the entrance on Marylebone Road still open.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light