Baker Street evacuated after suspected electrical fire
- Credit: TFL
People have been evacuated from Baker Street after a suspected electrical fire where explosions were heard.
The road, which contains a London Underground station and the Sherlock Holmes Museum, is closed at the junctions of Park Road and Marylebone.
The fire brigade were called at 10:40am to reports of manhole on fire.
People near the scene have also reported hearing a “small” explosion.
Around 30 people have been evacuated from buildings on the street as a precaution. No injuries have been reported.
The police are also on the scene.
London Underground services from the station are unaffected, with the entrance on Marylebone Road still open.
- 1 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 2 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments