Baker Street evacuated after suspected electrical fire
- Credit: TFL
People have been evacuated from Baker Street after a suspected electrical fire where explosions were heard.
The road, which contains a London Underground station and the Sherlock Holmes Museum, is closed at the junctions of Park Road and Marylebone.
The fire brigade were called at 10:40am to reports of manhole on fire.
People near the scene have also reported hearing a “small” explosion.
Around 30 people have been evacuated from buildings on the street as a precaution. No injuries have been reported.
You may also want to watch:
The police are also on the scene.
London Underground services from the station are unaffected, with the entrance on Marylebone Road still open.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points