Baby P stepdad to appeal against jail sentences
THE boyfriend of Baby P s mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy s death and for raping a two-year-old girl. The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term
THE boyfriend of Baby P's mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy's death and for raping a two-year-old girl.
The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term of 10 years for the rape.
He was also given a 12-year sentence, to serve concurrently, for causing or allowing the death of Baby P, now known as Peter.
Lawyers acting for the man lodged papers appealing against both sentences and convictions with the Court of Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Just hours later, the Attorney General Baroness Scotland QC, announced that she would not be referring the sentences which were given to the three defendants involved in the Baby P case to the Court of Appeal, with a view to them being increased.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory