Baby P stepdad to appeal against jail sentences
THE boyfriend of Baby P s mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy s death and for raping a two-year-old girl. The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term
THE boyfriend of Baby P's mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy's death and for raping a two-year-old girl.
The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term of 10 years for the rape.
He was also given a 12-year sentence, to serve concurrently, for causing or allowing the death of Baby P, now known as Peter.
Lawyers acting for the man lodged papers appealing against both sentences and convictions with the Court of Appeal.
Just hours later, the Attorney General Baroness Scotland QC, announced that she would not be referring the sentences which were given to the three defendants involved in the Baby P case to the Court of Appeal, with a view to them being increased.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 10 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****