Baby P stepdad to appeal against jail sentences
THE boyfriend of Baby P s mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy s death and for raping a two-year-old girl. The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term
THE boyfriend of Baby P's mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy's death and for raping a two-year-old girl.
The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term of 10 years for the rape.
He was also given a 12-year sentence, to serve concurrently, for causing or allowing the death of Baby P, now known as Peter.
Lawyers acting for the man lodged papers appealing against both sentences and convictions with the Court of Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Just hours later, the Attorney General Baroness Scotland QC, announced that she would not be referring the sentences which were given to the three defendants involved in the Baby P case to the Court of Appeal, with a view to them being increased.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres