Baby P stepdad to appeal against jail sentences
THE boyfriend of Baby P s mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy s death and for raping a two-year-old girl. The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term
THE boyfriend of Baby P's mother is to appeal against his convictions for causing or allowing the boy's death and for raping a two-year-old girl.
The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for life on May 22 with a minimum term of 10 years for the rape.
He was also given a 12-year sentence, to serve concurrently, for causing or allowing the death of Baby P, now known as Peter.
Lawyers acting for the man lodged papers appealing against both sentences and convictions with the Court of Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Just hours later, the Attorney General Baroness Scotland QC, announced that she would not be referring the sentences which were given to the three defendants involved in the Baby P case to the Court of Appeal, with a view to them being increased.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road