Baby Jesus statue goes missing from crib at Highgate church
- Credit: Archant
Parishioners noticed the figure had been removed from its place at the heart of a display inside St Joseph’s Catholic church on Highgate Hill.
The small statue was swiped from a crib display at the rear of the building last Friday.
After taking her confirmation class, parish council member Cheryl Juckes noticed the Baby Jesus had vanished.
“We are hoping that it is gone for a good reason will come back,” she said.
Ms Juckes described the other statues as “weighing a tonne” compared with the “more mobile” saviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to leave the crib up for the next couple of weeks in the hope that someone puts Jesus back,” she added.
If you happen to come across the missing Baby Jesus statue please contact Father Patrick Fitzgerald on 0207 2722320.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead