Baby Jesus statue goes missing from crib at Highgate church
- Credit: Archant
Parishioners noticed the figure had been removed from its place at the heart of a display inside St Joseph’s Catholic church on Highgate Hill.
The small statue was swiped from a crib display at the rear of the building last Friday.
After taking her confirmation class, parish council member Cheryl Juckes noticed the Baby Jesus had vanished.
“We are hoping that it is gone for a good reason will come back,” she said.
Ms Juckes described the other statues as “weighing a tonne” compared with the “more mobile” saviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to leave the crib up for the next couple of weeks in the hope that someone puts Jesus back,” she added.
If you happen to come across the missing Baby Jesus statue please contact Father Patrick Fitzgerald on 0207 2722320.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport