Baby Jesus statue goes missing from crib at Highgate church
- Credit: Archant
Parishioners noticed the figure had been removed from its place at the heart of a display inside St Joseph’s Catholic church on Highgate Hill.
The small statue was swiped from a crib display at the rear of the building last Friday.
After taking her confirmation class, parish council member Cheryl Juckes noticed the Baby Jesus had vanished.
“We are hoping that it is gone for a good reason will come back,” she said.
Ms Juckes described the other statues as “weighing a tonne” compared with the “more mobile” saviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to leave the crib up for the next couple of weeks in the hope that someone puts Jesus back,” she added.
If you happen to come across the missing Baby Jesus statue please contact Father Patrick Fitzgerald on 0207 2722320.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll