Babs Savage: From Hampstead Festival to top music award
- Credit: Archant
You may recognise singer Babs Savage from her annual appearances at the Hampstead Festival.
But the former wife of Culture Club drummer John Moss is now an established star in her own right.
Mum of three Babs, who lives in Hampstead, is finding success as an established R&B singer across the Atlantic. The singer recently won the Outstanding Contribution to Music award at the Chicago Music Awards and co-hosted the show for network NBC.
This comes after she topped the US urban dance charts with her single La La in 2016.
Babs has flown back into London and is about to release a new album, entitled London Kisses.
You may also want to watch:
On June 8 whe will be performing at Crazy Coqs, at the Zedel Brasserie, Sherwood Street, W1,
Acupuncturist turned popstar Babs is also writing a stage show with her Chicago producer Rickey Rainbow called Savage Rainbows: “It is about our personal history of Rocknroll. Our life journey of music,” she said.
To see Babs on June 8 at Crazy Coqs visit www.brasseriezedel.com.
- 1 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 4 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 8 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden