Awards double for Tottenham’s Godfrey, as Dean wins too
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tottenham Hotspur Women have announced defender Hannah Godfrey as their player of the season and juniors player of the season.
Scottish international Godfrey was a pivotal player in the club’s debut campaign in the Women’s Super League, as they finished seventh.
The powerhouse defender moved to the North London club in July 2019 after four years in the USA where she represented the University of South Alabama and Pensacola FC, who she helped to win the 2019 Women’s Premier Soccer League title.
On winning her awards, Godfrey said: “I just want to say a massive thank you to all the fans who voted for me as their player of the season, I’ve absolutely loved every minute of my first year in the WSL and it’s so lovely to get the recognition from you all.
“Thanks for all your support this season and I’m so excited to get back into action soon. Come on you Spurs!”
You may also want to watch:
Godfrey started 14 WSL games in 2019/20 and played a total of 1,260 minutes before the season was eventually cut short by the coronavirus pandemic.
Rianna Dean, who netted four times for the Lilywhites during the campaign, picked up the goal of the season award for her effort against London rivals West Ham United at the London Stadium.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 9 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
The goal was also Dean’s very first in the WSL as she met a Rosella Ayane cross perfectly to send a diving header beyond Hammers keeper Anna Moorhouse.
On winning the award the 21 year said: “I’m really honoured to have won goal of the season for my goal against West Ham at the London Stadium.
“I want to thank all the fans who voted for me, also thanks for all the support this year from the record-breaking crowds, I can’t wait to see you all next season.”