Award-winning interior designers Carden Cunietti: ‘I love seeing what’s in our heads come alive’
They joined forces almost two decades ago to sell eclectic accessories and interiors fittings from around the world.
Today friends and business partners, Audrey Carden and Eleanora Cunietti, run hugely successful interior design firm Carden Cunietti.
The creative pair, who head a team of talented designers in Little Venice, have designed numerous luxurious homes in the UK and across the world and appeared in a host of magazines, including Vogue and Elle Decoration.
Last year they walked away with the coveted Homes and Gardens 2013 Interior Designer of the Year award.
Here Eleanora tells us a bit about their business, why she loves her job and why grey paint is perfect for our British homes.
You may also want to watch:
What’s it like working with Audrey?
It’s great. Audrey and I are like sisters, we do everything together, and have a great working relationship. When it comes to designing interiors we never disagree over anything.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
Do your own tastes play a big part in your designs?
We want it to be very much a collaborative process with the client. We listen to their ideas and we’ll make suggestions, but we don’t push our own tastes on them.
Is there one style that’s particularly popular at the moment?
We’re seeing a huge range of styles, but I guess the industrial New York loft style is still pretty popular. I think it’s been a bit overdone now though.
Do you have a favourite project?
My favourite project is always the next one.
Is there a type of property you haven’t done yet but would like to?
I’d like to work on a small hotel – that would be fun. I’ve never done anything like that before – we work mainly on residential properties.
What’s the best thing about your job?
I love seeing what’s in our heads come alive. Also seeing our clients happy is hugely satisfying.
Have you got a good interior design tip for our readers?
When painting your home I’d advise using tonal colours with grey through them. They tend to be subtle, calming and really compliment the British weather and light which tends to be pretty grey. Farrow and Ball and Sanderson do a great range.
For more information visit carden-cunietti.com.