Award for Highgate Society walking guide leaflets detailing routes around Hampstead and Highgate
Ten walking guide leaflets that detail the most interesting routes around Hampstead and Highgate have scooped an award.
The Highgate Society published the booklets in partnership with three other local groups and they have now won the Walter Bor Media Award for the best printed publication by the London Forum of Amenity and Civic Societies.
The walking guides suggest visitors take two self-guided trails – a nine-mile circular walk around Highgate and Hampstead Heath or a 15-mile walk from Camden Town to Alexandra Palace via Hampstead Garden Suburb.
They are split into sections, so those who cannot face the full nine or 15 miles can walk a shorter stretch.
Richard Webber, who oversees all Highgate Society publications, said the award also goes to the Heath and Hampstead Society, Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust and the Hornsey Historical Society.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the reason we got the award is that it’s not just doing something nice but because we collaborated and built a template that could be used for walks in different parts of London,” said the 66-year-old, who lives in Bisham Gardens, Highgate.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12