Award for Highgate Society walking guide leaflets detailing routes around Hampstead and Highgate
Ten walking guide leaflets that detail the most interesting routes around Hampstead and Highgate have scooped an award.
The Highgate Society published the booklets in partnership with three other local groups and they have now won the Walter Bor Media Award for the best printed publication by the London Forum of Amenity and Civic Societies.
The walking guides suggest visitors take two self-guided trails – a nine-mile circular walk around Highgate and Hampstead Heath or a 15-mile walk from Camden Town to Alexandra Palace via Hampstead Garden Suburb.
They are split into sections, so those who cannot face the full nine or 15 miles can walk a shorter stretch.
Richard Webber, who oversees all Highgate Society publications, said the award also goes to the Heath and Hampstead Society, Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust and the Hornsey Historical Society.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the reason we got the award is that it’s not just doing something nice but because we collaborated and built a template that could be used for walks in different parts of London,” said the 66-year-old, who lives in Bisham Gardens, Highgate.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass