AVB warns Modric to worry about Real Madrid not Bale
Andre Villas-Boas has told Luka Modric to keep his nose out of Tottenham’s business before insisting it would be “completely impossible” for the club to sell Gareth Bale.
Modric, who left Spurs this summer, today urged Bale to come and join him at the Santiago Bernabeu, telling The Sun: “I know Gareth has a big dream of winning the Champions League and Madrid would be a great club for him to achieve it.”
Bale himself has admitted he would like to play abroad at some stage in his career, but Villas-Boas is keen to hang on to the 23-year-old, who has been in sensational form this season.
The Tottenham manager also took a swipe at the Croatian midfielder for meddling in Tottenham’s affairs, insisting he should be more worried about Real Madrid’s current poor form than the future of Bale.
“I think he should focus more on his club than ours,” Villas-Boas told a press conference.
You may also want to watch:
“He has to worry about [Real’s] game against Atletico Madrid and about getting in to the quarter-finals of the Champions League
“Obviously Modric is aware of Gareth’s performances because of his love for Tottenham and the fact that he is very connected with him and this football club, but it’s completely impossible [for Bale to leave].”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds