AVB says Spurs did enough to beat Lazio
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas admitted his disappointment that three Spurs goals were disallowed as they played out a stalemate against Lazio but said he couldn’t fault his side’s endeavour.
Clint Dempsey, Jermain Defoe and Steve Caulker all saw efforts chalked off but they were the dominant side for much of the Europe League group J opener.
“I think we did enough to get the win today,” Villas-Boas told ITV4. “I am extremely happy with the performance and the effort that the players put in.
“You can’t reprimand them for anything, they were outstanding.
“They managed to create enough opportunities to win the game.
You may also want to watch:
“The team put the ball in the back of the net three times, but all the goals were disallowed by the ref, so it’s a bit disappointing.
“It shows that we are on the right track to giving something back to the fans.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
“We were superior against a team that is doing extremely well. We can be happy with that performance.”