Serge Aurier defiant as Tottenham probe apparent breach of lockdown rules
- Credit: PA
Tottenham defender Serge Aurier has defended his decision to get a haircut in lockdown after appearing to breach social distancing rules for a third time.
Spurs are investigating after the 27-year-old right-back posted a picture on Instagram on Tuesday night showing off his new looks and tagging the stylist - barber Justin Carr - in his post.
“Yes Sir @justscuts £LeCoiffeurEstBon??” Aurier wrote.
Aurier then responded to criticism of his actions with a further post.
After writing “Bla-bla-bla” followed by several snoozing emojis, Aurier wrote: “my hairdresser is negative and me too so stop talking in a vacuum and put on masks and gloves when you come to take pictures at the training center its part of the rules too”.
A Tottenham statement said: “We are investigating the circumstances and will deal with the incident appropriately.”
Aurier has previously been forced to apologise twice for breaking lockdown rules, having posted a videos of himself running with a friend, and also training with Tottenham team-mate Moussa Sissoko.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 4 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 5 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 8 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 9 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 10 Westminster family compensated £250 but still await council home
Spurs were also criticised last month when manager Jose Mourinho was seen taking a training session in a north London park with Tanguy Ndombele, while Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Sessegnon were spotted running together.
Prior to posting about his new haircut, Aurier had shared a short video of his return to training on Tuesday as players began solo sessions for the first time.