Attempted murder charge after West Hampstead mayhem
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder of a member of the public in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police oper
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday.
On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police operation involving armed officers.
Officers told many residents to stay in the homes and lock their doors until they were given the all clear.
On Thursday Andrew Koporo, of no fixed address, was charged with attempted murder as well as a series of firearm offences including, possession with intent to endanger life and possession of ammunition with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
He was also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence and possessing a firearm when prohibited for life.
He appeared at Brent Magistrates yesterday morning.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
A 47 year old man, who was also arrested on Tuesday afternoon has been bailed to return on a date in December.