Attempted murder charge after West Hampstead mayhem
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder of a member of the public in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police oper
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday.
On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police operation involving armed officers.
Officers told many residents to stay in the homes and lock their doors until they were given the all clear.
On Thursday Andrew Koporo, of no fixed address, was charged with attempted murder as well as a series of firearm offences including, possession with intent to endanger life and possession of ammunition with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
He was also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence and possessing a firearm when prohibited for life.
He appeared at Brent Magistrates yesterday morning.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
A 47 year old man, who was also arrested on Tuesday afternoon has been bailed to return on a date in December.