Attempted murder charge after West Hampstead mayhem
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder of a member of the public in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police oper
A 30-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with a series of alleged firearms incidents in West Hampstead on Tuesday.
On Tuesday afternoon parts of West End Lane and Gladys Road were cordoned off as part of a massive police operation involving armed officers.
Officers told many residents to stay in the homes and lock their doors until they were given the all clear.
On Thursday Andrew Koporo, of no fixed address, was charged with attempted murder as well as a series of firearm offences including, possession with intent to endanger life and possession of ammunition with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
He was also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence and possessing a firearm when prohibited for life.
He appeared at Brent Magistrates yesterday morning.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
A 47 year old man, who was also arrested on Tuesday afternoon has been bailed to return on a date in December.