Assembly is fighting to save precious views from the Heath
The Mayor has recently published new planning guidance on strategic views, the London View Management Framework. As Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden, I want to leave residents in no doubt that the Mayor s planning guidance reduces the protection aff
The Mayor has recently published new planning guidance on strategic views, the London View Management Framework.
As Assembly Member for Barnet and Camden, I want to leave residents in no doubt that the Mayor's planning guidance reduces the protection afforded to historic views of St Paul's Cathedral and the Palace of Westminster from Kenwood House, Parliament Hill and Primrose Hill.
Viewing corridors to St Paul's Cathedral have been reduced, from the original 300 metres, to 140 metres from Kenwood House and Parliament Hill, and to 120 from Primrose Hill.
Viewing corridors to the Palace of Westminster have been similarly downgraded, from 300 metres to 210 metres at Parliament Hill, and from 300 to 250 at Primrose Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Last week the London Assembly passed a motion, with cross-party support, strongly opposing the reduction in the views of these two iconic landmarks.
We continue to work together with our partners, in Camden, the City of London, Westminster and others, to encourage the Mayor and Secretary of State, Hazel Blears, to reverse this decision and ensure that the views of these historic landmarks are properly preserved.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Deputy Chairman of the