Aspiring artists asked to celebrate Israel's big birthday
ASPIRING artists are being invited to enter a competition at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green. The North End Road centre is asking artists aged seven to 17 years to create a piece celebrating Israel s 60th year. Entries will be judged b
ASPIRING artists are being invited to enter a competition at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green.
The North End Road centre is asking artists aged seven to 17 years to create a piece celebrating Israel's 60th year.
Entries will be judged by a panel that includes the Ham&High's own art critic Alison Oldham (pictured) .
The closing date is Monday April 28 and submissions can be in paint, pencil or crayon.
The works can depict anything from figures to landscapes.
Entry to the competition is free and all faiths and backgrounds are welcome to join.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 6 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 7 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 8 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
All entries should be on an A4 paper and will be exhibited before prize-giving on May 11.
Prizes will be awarded for the best pictures for age groups seven to nine years, 10 to 13 years and 14 to 17 years.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ljcc.org.uk.