Aspiring artists asked to celebrate Israel's big birthday
ASPIRING artists are being invited to enter a competition at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green. The North End Road centre is asking artists aged seven to 17 years to create a piece celebrating Israel s 60th year. Entries will be judged b
ASPIRING artists are being invited to enter a competition at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green.
The North End Road centre is asking artists aged seven to 17 years to create a piece celebrating Israel's 60th year.
Entries will be judged by a panel that includes the Ham&High's own art critic Alison Oldham (pictured) .
The closing date is Monday April 28 and submissions can be in paint, pencil or crayon.
You may also want to watch:
The works can depict anything from figures to landscapes.
Entry to the competition is free and all faiths and backgrounds are welcome to join.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
All entries should be on an A4 paper and will be exhibited before prize-giving on May 11.
Prizes will be awarded for the best pictures for age groups seven to nine years, 10 to 13 years and 14 to 17 years.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ljcc.org.uk.