As Jeremy Corbyn celebrates victory, Ed Miliband throws out his toys in Dartmouth Park
- Credit: John M Fulton
While new Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was celebrating victory at events around London, former leader Ed Miliband was manning a stall selling off old Bric a Brac.
Mr Miliband arrived at 9:30am at the York Rise street party to set up the stall, consisting mainly of old toys, and stayed right until the end of the event.
Artist Ed Sumner was selling his paintings of Hampstead and Primrose Hill a few stalls down.
The artist, of Fleet Road, whose work is at edsumner.co.uk, said: “Ed Miliband was very busy at his stall all the time with his kids. There was a constant stream of people. There were some old toys like Tonka trucks and lego. He was chatty and had a smile on his face.”
At one point he was joined by Holborn and St Pancras MP Keir Starmer and local councillor Sally Gimson who tweeted a picture with the two MPs.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds joined in the fun at the event on Sunday which included a Dad’s disco dance off, food and cake stalls, bric a brac, a children’s fancy dress competition and a converted 1960s Routemaster bus with entertainment for children.
Highlight of entertainment in the bus, which was decked out like a diner, included a performance by people’s Poet Laureate John Hegley and author Hunter Davies reading from his children’s book, Flossie Teacake, and storytelling by local author Tracy Chevalier and comedian Simon Happily.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley