ArtHouse forced to close in the day due to building site noise
- Credit: Archant
The Crouch End ArtHouse cinema has been forced to close during the day due to noisy building works from a neighbouring development.
The independent cinema announced that daytime screenings will be postponed from February 26, citing the “major building works taking place next door” as the reason.
The statement said: “ArtHouse will continue to present new releases, live streaming, film festivals, one-off screenings and live events during opening hours and we plan to utilise the space in an exciting and positive way.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your ongoing support and to express our regret for a situation that sadly is beyond our control.”
The daytime closure does not have a specified end date but a spokesman said it could be up to two years, depending on the development.
You may also want to watch:
It has been speculated that the development is making way for a Sainsbury’s supermarket, along with a Cafe Nero and 18 apartments.
The planning application for the development site on 159 Tottenham Lane states it will be a retail development with residential units however Sainsbury’s has denied its involvement.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
A spokesman for the supermarket told the Ham & High: “We are always looking for new opportunities but have no current plans for a shop on the site.”