Art with a heart at Hampstead Garden Suburb library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Youngsters got creative at a Valentine’s art workshop at the Hampstead Garden Suburb community library.
They made cards for their loved ones at the event to celebrate National Libraries Day on Saturday.
Pictured are friends Celeste Chhibber, 11, and Erin Hodgson, nine, with their creations at the library in Market Place.
The free workshop was supervised by volunteers from the local community who took over running the library after Barnet Council axed it as a council-run service.
National Libraries Day was launched in 2012 with events across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Clynes, of Hampstead Garden Suburb library management group, said: “Taking part in the event is key at a time when so many of Barnet’s libraries are under threat of cuts or closure.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue