Art with a heart at Hampstead Garden Suburb library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Youngsters got creative at a Valentine’s art workshop at the Hampstead Garden Suburb community library.
They made cards for their loved ones at the event to celebrate National Libraries Day on Saturday.
Pictured are friends Celeste Chhibber, 11, and Erin Hodgson, nine, with their creations at the library in Market Place.
The free workshop was supervised by volunteers from the local community who took over running the library after Barnet Council axed it as a council-run service.
National Libraries Day was launched in 2012 with events across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Clynes, of Hampstead Garden Suburb library management group, said: “Taking part in the event is key at a time when so many of Barnet’s libraries are under threat of cuts or closure.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper