Art with a heart at Hampstead Garden Suburb library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Youngsters got creative at a Valentine’s art workshop at the Hampstead Garden Suburb community library.
They made cards for their loved ones at the event to celebrate National Libraries Day on Saturday.
Pictured are friends Celeste Chhibber, 11, and Erin Hodgson, nine, with their creations at the library in Market Place.
The free workshop was supervised by volunteers from the local community who took over running the library after Barnet Council axed it as a council-run service.
National Libraries Day was launched in 2012 with events across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Clynes, of Hampstead Garden Suburb library management group, said: “Taking part in the event is key at a time when so many of Barnet’s libraries are under threat of cuts or closure.”
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill