Arshavin set to leave Arsenal
Andrey Arshavin s agent claims his client could leave Arsenal in the summer.The little Russian said on Monday playing for Barcelona would be the pinnacle of his career and Dennis Lachter did nothing to dispel growing rumours of Arshavin s impending dep
Andrey Arshavin's agent claims his client could leave Arsenal in the summer.
The little Russian said on Monday playing for Barcelona would be the "pinnacle" of his career and Dennis Lachter did nothing to dispel growing rumours of Arshavin's impending departure, claiming doubts over Arsene Wenger's long-term future are causing unrest within the club.
"Andrey staying and a lot of other things depend on one man - we would like to know that Arsene Wenger will be at Arsenal next season. The main thing about Arsenal is not Andrey, (Cesc) Fabregas or (Robin) van Persie," Lachter told Goal.com UK
"What happens to them depends on what happens to Mr Wenger. Arsenal today is 95 per cent Arsene Wenger. The influence and charisma of Mr Wenger to Arsenal fans, the management and the Arsenal family is huge.
"But he is 61 years old in October and you could read clearly in his face how disappointed he was that they haven't won anything this season."
Arsghavin signed for the Gunners in a �17m deal back in February 2009, making an immediate impact and ensuring hero status with four goals in a memorable 4-4 draw at Liverpool.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Lachter, though, is indicating another move is on the cards.
"It is not a secret for anybody that he has a big respect for Barcelona and it's not a secret for anybody that I agreed the move from Zenit to Barcelona for 15 million euros six months before his move to Arsenal. I know Andrey would like to play there but he is a player for Arsenal," he added.