Arsenal whiz kid Walcott meets Grand National hopefuls
CLAIMS from Arsenal fans that their whiz kid Theo Walcott had finally come of age looked misplaced when Heathman bumped into him this week. The 19-year-old Gooner with a baby face was cavorting with his mates Hugo the Hound, Gunnersauraus and Sedge the Fi
CLAIMS from Arsenal fans that their whiz kid Theo Walcott had finally come of age looked misplaced when Heathman bumped into him this week.
The 19-year-old Gooner with a baby face was cavorting with his mates Hugo the Hound, Gunnersauraus and Sedge the Field Mouse.
My initial thought was young Theo wanted to spend some quality time with a collection of giant cuddly toys before he has to return to the man's world of Premier League football this month.
But Walcott proved me wrong as he was actually out doing the very mature task of promoting a charity event - The John Smith's Mascot Grand National.
You may also want to watch:
Theo was involved as an ambassador for the event's official charity, the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill 16 to 40-year-olds.
More then 100 mascots take part in the madcap race, which will be held at the Huntingdon racecourse later this year.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead