Arsenal too big to be friendly, says demoted Lehmann
Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann says it is hard to make friends at big clubs – and isn t particularly close to any of his team-mates. You can have friendships in football in smaller clubs where you know you have to stick together and you know that you ar
Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann says it is hard to make friends at big clubs - and isn't particularly close to any of his team-mates.
"You can have friendships in football in smaller clubs where you know you have to stick together and you know that you are so dependent on each other," the German - currently No 2 to Manuel Almunia - said this week. In bigger clubs another guy comes in, delivers the same quality and you don't care about the first guy any more."
Meanwhile, much-maligned Arsenal skipper William Gallas has explained his reason for throwing his shirt to the Arsenal fans at the Bridge on Sunday.
The France defender has endured a rocky relationship - prompted by his erratic behaviour - since taking the skipper's armband. But he appears to be trying to build bridges.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "They had come supporting us, and for them it was difficult to accept we lost - so I gave them my shirt. But it was nothing special.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?