Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey set for early return to action
Welsh midfielder will be back in training in three weeks’ time
AARON Ramsey could be back in training by the end of this month, writes Jem Maidment.
The promising Welsh midfielder has been out of action since February after a sickening leg break in a tackle by Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross.
But Wales caretaker manager Brian Flynn has revealed he could be close to making a return.
“I’ve spoken with Aaron and he’s making great progress,” Flynn said this week.
You may also want to watch:
“He told me he will be back in full training in three weeks. He’s a great talent and we all want him back playing again.
“It’s great news for Arsenal, Wales and of course for Aaron himself.”
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Arsene Wenger has previously waxed lyrical about the youngster, even comparing hm to club captain Cesc Fabregas.
Last year the Arsenal boss said: “Aaron is a player who can play right-back, left wing, central midfielder. He is an all-rounder.
“Cesc is a playmaker. But what they have in common, when they are on the pitch, is personality to say: ‘I’m not scared to play. I’m here to play the game.’”
Meanwhile, Marouane Chamakh says he is delighted he joined Arsenal. The Morocco international striker, who has scored four goals since moving from Bordeaux, said: “I am extremely happy with my choice and I am surprised how well it has started.
“I have settled very well on and off the pitch and I have been made very welcome by everyone at the club.”