Arsenal should have signed Tottenham’s Van der Vaart says Gunners’ star
Robin van Persie would have loved to see his fellow Dutchman at the Emirates
Robin Van Persie says Arsenal should have signed Rafael Van der Vaart in the summer.
The Dutchman told Nusport: “Van der Vaart is a great footballer, I know the quality he has. I would rather have him at Arsenal.
“I indicated he would be useful for Arsenal but that advice was not followed.
“I regret the fact he was not signed – now you can see the result. Spurs were a good team but now they are a top team.”
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Tomas Rosicky is confident that Nicklas Bendtner will stay at Arsenal, despite the striker claiming he was “wasting time on the bench”.
Speaking to the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, Rosicky said: “Of course I believe he has a future at the club.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
“He has been injured for a while, but obviously he has to be patient as [Marouane] Chamakh is playing well at the moment.”
Former Gunner Paul Merson has confessed his secret love – Brentford FC.
‘Merse’ spent 10 games on loan at Griffin Park in 1986 and told the Official Arsenal Magazine: “The club made a big impression on me; I still have a soft spot for them, and go down to Griffin Park when I can.
“I’ve been twice this season and am good mates with their striker Charlie McDonald. I also keep in touch with their chief executive Andrew Mills.”
France international defender Mamadou Sakho is a target for Liverpool and Arsenal – and the Paris St Germain star hinted that the Emirates is the more likely desination.
He told French newspaper L’Equipe: “The Europa League is good but my absolute dream is the Champions League. I have personal goals and I’m thinking. My agents have received requests from foreign clubs which they must analyse with PSG.”
Jack Wilshere was defiant after the derby loss. On Twitter he wrote: “Would just like to say all the players are hurting just as bad as you loyal supporters are, we cannot wait to put it right!”
And Henri Lansbury has also been on Twitter... giving an insight into the lonely life of a pro footballer after moving to Norwich City on a 28-day emergency loan on Tuesday.
The 20-year-old Gunner tweeted: “First night at the hotel and it’s dinner time table for one...hahaha cheers”. Makes your heart bleed, doesn’t it..?