Arsenal's Sol Campbell eyes a summer move to Celtic
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is seriously considering the Glasgow giants as an option ifArsene Wenger does not retain his services.The Arsenal bo
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.
The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is "seriously considering" the Glasgow giants as an option if
Arsene Wenger does not retain his services.
The Arsenal boss is reportedly set to offer the 35-year-old a one-year contract but Campbell told The Scottish Sun he has held preliminary talks with Celtic's interim manager Neil Lennon
"I've spoken with Neil about moving to Celtic. And I've been impressed with what he had to say," said Campbell.
"We're talking, although we haven't yet discussed figures. Nothing is set in stone. I know Celtic are a massive club. I have to consider them.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 7 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
"Neil clearly understands what's needed at Celtic and I appreciate his interest.
But we've still got to properly negotiate and the figures might not stack up."
Campbell also revealed he has other irons in the fire.
"Celtic is a serious possibility, but I am also talking to a few other clubs. I'm also giving Arsenal the respect they deserve. If the situation at Arsenal doesn't resolve itself I know how interested Celtic are. And, yes, I'm seriously considering it.