Arsenal's Sol Campbell eyes a summer move to Celtic
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is seriously considering the Glasgow giants as an option ifArsene Wenger does not retain his services.The Arsenal bo
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.
The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is "seriously considering" the Glasgow giants as an option if
Arsene Wenger does not retain his services.
The Arsenal boss is reportedly set to offer the 35-year-old a one-year contract but Campbell told The Scottish Sun he has held preliminary talks with Celtic's interim manager Neil Lennon
You may also want to watch:
"I've spoken with Neil about moving to Celtic. And I've been impressed with what he had to say," said Campbell.
"We're talking, although we haven't yet discussed figures. Nothing is set in stone. I know Celtic are a massive club. I have to consider them.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
"Neil clearly understands what's needed at Celtic and I appreciate his interest.
But we've still got to properly negotiate and the figures might not stack up."
Campbell also revealed he has other irons in the fire.
"Celtic is a serious possibility, but I am also talking to a few other clubs. I'm also giving Arsenal the respect they deserve. If the situation at Arsenal doesn't resolve itself I know how interested Celtic are. And, yes, I'm seriously considering it.