Arsenal's Sol Campbell eyes a summer move to Celtic
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is seriously considering the Glasgow giants as an option ifArsene Wenger does not retain his services.The Arsenal bo
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.
The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is "seriously considering" the Glasgow giants as an option if
Arsene Wenger does not retain his services.
The Arsenal boss is reportedly set to offer the 35-year-old a one-year contract but Campbell told The Scottish Sun he has held preliminary talks with Celtic's interim manager Neil Lennon
You may also want to watch:
"I've spoken with Neil about moving to Celtic. And I've been impressed with what he had to say," said Campbell.
"We're talking, although we haven't yet discussed figures. Nothing is set in stone. I know Celtic are a massive club. I have to consider them.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
"Neil clearly understands what's needed at Celtic and I appreciate his interest.
But we've still got to properly negotiate and the figures might not stack up."
Campbell also revealed he has other irons in the fire.
"Celtic is a serious possibility, but I am also talking to a few other clubs. I'm also giving Arsenal the respect they deserve. If the situation at Arsenal doesn't resolve itself I know how interested Celtic are. And, yes, I'm seriously considering it.