Arsenal's Sol Campbell eyes a summer move to Celtic
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is seriously considering the Glasgow giants as an option ifArsene Wenger does not retain his services.The Arsenal bo
Sol Campbell has admitted he could make a summer move to Celtic.
The defender says he would prefer to stay at Arsenal, but revealed he is "seriously considering" the Glasgow giants as an option if
Arsene Wenger does not retain his services.
The Arsenal boss is reportedly set to offer the 35-year-old a one-year contract but Campbell told The Scottish Sun he has held preliminary talks with Celtic's interim manager Neil Lennon
You may also want to watch:
"I've spoken with Neil about moving to Celtic. And I've been impressed with what he had to say," said Campbell.
"We're talking, although we haven't yet discussed figures. Nothing is set in stone. I know Celtic are a massive club. I have to consider them.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
"Neil clearly understands what's needed at Celtic and I appreciate his interest.
But we've still got to properly negotiate and the figures might not stack up."
Campbell also revealed he has other irons in the fire.
"Celtic is a serious possibility, but I am also talking to a few other clubs. I'm also giving Arsenal the respect they deserve. If the situation at Arsenal doesn't resolve itself I know how interested Celtic are. And, yes, I'm seriously considering it.