Arsenal's plan to export their footballing magic to Colorado
Arsenal are planning to open a centre of excellence in north America. Former Watford reserve team coach Gary Smith has been given the task of establishing the centre in Commerce City in Colorado state. Smith will combine the role with his job as an assist
Arsenal are planning to open a centre of excellence in north America.
Former Watford reserve team coach Gary Smith has been given the task of establishing the centre in Commerce City in Colorado state.
Smith will combine the role with his job as an assistant to head coach Fernando Clavijo at Major League Soccer outfit Colorado Rapids, who Arsenal have built a partnership with.
Smith will also develop the Arsenal Cup, a club tournament that will be open to American club teams from all over the US.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal Ladies have moved four points clear at the top of the Women's Premier League after a 5-2 home thrashing of Liverpool.
Lianne Sanderson and Julie Fleeting both netted twice while Rachel Yankey scored the other on Saturday.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
Vic Akers' side travel to West Ham on Sunday in the County Cup, before hosting Doncaster in the Premier League next Thursday.
Arsenal's Under-18s chalked up their first win of 2008 last Saturday with a 5-2 victory over Southampton.
Dutch forward Nacer Barazite netted a hat-trick while Luke Freman - the new signing from Gillingham last month - scored his first two goals for his new club.