Arsenal's late triumph over forerunners Chelsea
Chelsea 1 Arsenal 2 ARSENAL kept tabs on the Premier League's leading pack when they came from a goal down at Stamford Bridge to beat top-of-the-table Chelsea on Sunday. The Gunners, without a point from their last two league games after losses to Manc
ARSENAL kept tabs on the Premier League's leading pack when they came from a goal down at Stamford Bridge to beat top-of-the-table Chelsea on Sunday.
The Gunners, without a point from their last two league games after losses to Manchester City at Eastlands and Aston Villa at the Emirates, had it all to do when they went behind in the 31st minute through a Johan Djourou own goal.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts remained 1-0 ahead at the break and looked set to bag their 11th league win of the campaign after continually rebuffing the visitors' efforts.
But in the second half Robin van Persie raised hopes for Arsenal when he blasted the ball into the net for 1-1 and then rocked the Blues three minutes later when he scored with a left footed drive for an unlikely 2-1 lead.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Arsenal were forced to defend stoutly for the remainder of the match but withstood the hosts intense pressure in the final minutes to take all three points.