Arsenal's late triumph over forerunners Chelsea
Chelsea 1 Arsenal 2 ARSENAL kept tabs on the Premier League's leading pack when they came from a goal down at Stamford Bridge to beat top-of-the-table Chelsea on Sunday. The Gunners, without a point from their last two league games after losses to Manc
ARSENAL kept tabs on the Premier League's leading pack when they came from a goal down at Stamford Bridge to beat top-of-the-table Chelsea on Sunday.
The Gunners, without a point from their last two league games after losses to Manchester City at Eastlands and Aston Villa at the Emirates, had it all to do when they went behind in the 31st minute through a Johan Djourou own goal.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts remained 1-0 ahead at the break and looked set to bag their 11th league win of the campaign after continually rebuffing the visitors' efforts.
But in the second half Robin van Persie raised hopes for Arsenal when he blasted the ball into the net for 1-1 and then rocked the Blues three minutes later when he scored with a left footed drive for an unlikely 2-1 lead.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Arsenal were forced to defend stoutly for the remainder of the match but withstood the hosts intense pressure in the final minutes to take all three points.