Arsenal's champions league clash with Glasgow Celtic
Arsenal will face Glasgow Celtic in the third qualifying round of the Champions League this month. It is the first time Arsenal have faced the Hoops in a competitive match. The Scottish Premier League runners-up reached the last qualifying stage after ove
Arsenal will face Glasgow Celtic in the third qualifying round of the Champions League this month.
It is the first time Arsenal have faced the Hoops in a competitive match. The Scottish Premier League runners-up reached the last qualifying stage after overturning a 1-0 deficit against Dinamo Moscow to win 2-0 in the second leg in Russia - their first European away win for six years.
Charlie Nicholas, who played for both clubs, believes the games will be "sensational".
He told Sky Sports: "They seem to have been avoiding each other for the past four or five years at the group stages.
"This will be very tight. I know Arsenal will be favourites but there is no way Celtic will give up easily.
"When Arsenal play they are unstoppable but they are vulnerable at the back - the problem for Celtic will be do they start cautiously or do they have a go?
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
"It is a sensational draw for football - but for me I am absolutely stuck in the middle."
In the past three seasons the Gunners have beaten Dinamo Zagreb, Sparta Prague and FC Twente at the same stage, easily progressing to the lucrative group stages.
Arsenal will travel to Glasgow for the first leg on August 18 or 19, with the return at Emirates a week later.