Arsenal's champions league clash with Glasgow Celtic
Arsenal will face Glasgow Celtic in the third qualifying round of the Champions League this month. It is the first time Arsenal have faced the Hoops in a competitive match. The Scottish Premier League runners-up reached the last qualifying stage after ove
Arsenal will face Glasgow Celtic in the third qualifying round of the Champions League this month.
It is the first time Arsenal have faced the Hoops in a competitive match. The Scottish Premier League runners-up reached the last qualifying stage after overturning a 1-0 deficit against Dinamo Moscow to win 2-0 in the second leg in Russia - their first European away win for six years.
Charlie Nicholas, who played for both clubs, believes the games will be "sensational".
He told Sky Sports: "They seem to have been avoiding each other for the past four or five years at the group stages.
You may also want to watch:
"This will be very tight. I know Arsenal will be favourites but there is no way Celtic will give up easily.
"When Arsenal play they are unstoppable but they are vulnerable at the back - the problem for Celtic will be do they start cautiously or do they have a go?
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
"It is a sensational draw for football - but for me I am absolutely stuck in the middle."
In the past three seasons the Gunners have beaten Dinamo Zagreb, Sparta Prague and FC Twente at the same stage, easily progressing to the lucrative group stages.
Arsenal will travel to Glasgow for the first leg on August 18 or 19, with the return at Emirates a week later.