ARSENAL PREVIEW: See United's conquerors take on Bruce & Co
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic Tuesday November 11 The Emirates Carling Cup 4th Round Arsenal s policy of drastically reducing ticket prices for Carling Cup matches has paid dividends once again with a 6
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic
Tuesday November 11
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal's policy of drastically reducing ticket prices for Carling Cup matches has paid dividends once again with a 60,000 sell-out guaranteed on Tuesday evening for the visit of Steve Bruce's (pictured) Wigan Athletic side.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
In the last round a young Gunners outfit smashed Championship title hopefuls Sheffield United 6-0 with Carlos Vela scoring a hat-trick and 16-year-old Jack Wilshere grabbing his first for the club.
Both are likely to start against the Latics, along with the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Mark Randall, Jay Simpson and Fran Merida.
Reserves boss Neil Banfield says Tuesday represents another tough test for many of his youngsters, who will be given their first team chance.
"It's another test for the lads and if they do well it is showing the manager there are three or four ready-made who could play a Premier League game," said Banfield.
The Latics famously dumped the Gunners out on away goals in the semi-final of this competition back in January 2006, and they impressed in the last round with a 4-1 win at Ipswich Town.