ARSENAL PREVIEW: See United's conquerors take on Bruce & Co
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic Tuesday November 11 The Emirates Carling Cup 4th Round Arsenal s policy of drastically reducing ticket prices for Carling Cup matches has paid dividends once again with a 6
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic
Tuesday November 11
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal's policy of drastically reducing ticket prices for Carling Cup matches has paid dividends once again with a 60,000 sell-out guaranteed on Tuesday evening for the visit of Steve Bruce's (pictured) Wigan Athletic side.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
In the last round a young Gunners outfit smashed Championship title hopefuls Sheffield United 6-0 with Carlos Vela scoring a hat-trick and 16-year-old Jack Wilshere grabbing his first for the club.
Both are likely to start against the Latics, along with the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Mark Randall, Jay Simpson and Fran Merida.
Reserves boss Neil Banfield says Tuesday represents another tough test for many of his youngsters, who will be given their first team chance.
"It's another test for the lads and if they do well it is showing the manager there are three or four ready-made who could play a Premier League game," said Banfield.
The Latics famously dumped the Gunners out on away goals in the semi-final of this competition back in January 2006, and they impressed in the last round with a 4-1 win at Ipswich Town.