ARSENAL PREVIEW: Result in Portugal will see Gunners top group
Porto v Arsenal Champions League Group G Dragao Stadium, Weds Kick-off 7.45pm Arsenal must avoid defeat in Oporto on Matchday Six to finish as Group G winners. The Portuguese side sealed qualification to the knockout stages, along with the Gunners, wi
Porto v Arsenal
Champions League Group G
Dragao Stadium, Weds
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal must avoid defeat in Oporto on Matchday Six to finish as Group G winners.
The Portuguese side sealed qualification to the knockout stages, along with the Gunners, with a 2-1 win at Fenerbahce last week courtesy of a double strike from Lisandro (pictured).
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
And their ambition is there for all to see. Argentina midfielder Tomas Costa said after that victory in Istanbul: "At the start of the season we set ourselves the target of winning the Champions League trophy.
"By reaching the next round we took a first step towards this. Now we will try to qualify as group winners."
But the two-times European champions have shown their Estádio do Dragão home is far from a fortress. After beating the Turks 3-1 on Matchday One, they then slipped to a shock 0-1 reverse to whipping boys Dynamo Kyiv last month.
Arsenal's most impressive performance in the competition came against Jesualdo Ferreira's men in September when Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor bagged a brace apiece in an excellent 4-0 win at The Emirates.
And there is a touch of déjà vu about this fixture - Arsenal ground out a 0-0 draw at the same venue exactly two years ago on Matchday Six to finish top of their group.