ARSENAL PREVIEW: Result in Portugal will see Gunners top group
Porto v Arsenal Champions League Group G Dragao Stadium, Weds Kick-off 7.45pm Arsenal must avoid defeat in Oporto on Matchday Six to finish as Group G winners. The Portuguese side sealed qualification to the knockout stages, along with the Gunners, wi
Porto v Arsenal
Champions League Group G
Dragao Stadium, Weds
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal must avoid defeat in Oporto on Matchday Six to finish as Group G winners.
The Portuguese side sealed qualification to the knockout stages, along with the Gunners, with a 2-1 win at Fenerbahce last week courtesy of a double strike from Lisandro (pictured).
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Letter on proposed Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
And their ambition is there for all to see. Argentina midfielder Tomas Costa said after that victory in Istanbul: "At the start of the season we set ourselves the target of winning the Champions League trophy.
"By reaching the next round we took a first step towards this. Now we will try to qualify as group winners."
But the two-times European champions have shown their Estádio do Dragão home is far from a fortress. After beating the Turks 3-1 on Matchday One, they then slipped to a shock 0-1 reverse to whipping boys Dynamo Kyiv last month.
Arsenal's most impressive performance in the competition came against Jesualdo Ferreira's men in September when Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor bagged a brace apiece in an excellent 4-0 win at The Emirates.
And there is a touch of déjà vu about this fixture - Arsenal ground out a 0-0 draw at the same venue exactly two years ago on Matchday Six to finish top of their group.