Arsenal overcome Everton to book place in another FA Cup Final
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season. Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season.
Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic Akers' side - depleted by several big-name departures to America in recent weeks - were still far too strong for an emerging Toffees side.
Rachel Yankey took advantage of a defensive mix-up to fire Arsenal ahead and Gill Flaherty doubled the advantage before a Jayne Ludlow free-kick made it 3-0 before the interval.
Natasha Dowie pulled one back for Everton on 55 minutes but the Gunners coasted through to set up a final with Sunderland at Derby's Pride Park stadium on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland, 3-0 winners over Chelsea, will be playing in their first final.
Arsenal entertain Everton in the league on Sunday after Thursday night's match with Watford.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'