Arsenal overcome Everton to book place in another FA Cup Final
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season. Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season.
Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic Akers' side - depleted by several big-name departures to America in recent weeks - were still far too strong for an emerging Toffees side.
Rachel Yankey took advantage of a defensive mix-up to fire Arsenal ahead and Gill Flaherty doubled the advantage before a Jayne Ludlow free-kick made it 3-0 before the interval.
Natasha Dowie pulled one back for Everton on 55 minutes but the Gunners coasted through to set up a final with Sunderland at Derby's Pride Park stadium on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland, 3-0 winners over Chelsea, will be playing in their first final.
Arsenal entertain Everton in the league on Sunday after Thursday night's match with Watford.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre