Arsenal overcome Everton to book place in another FA Cup Final
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season. Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic
Arsenal Ladies produced their most impressive result of the season to beat Everton 3-1 and book their place in the FA Cup final for a fourth successive season.
Both sides had 100 per cent winning league records going into their semi-final clash but Vic Akers' side - depleted by several big-name departures to America in recent weeks - were still far too strong for an emerging Toffees side.
Rachel Yankey took advantage of a defensive mix-up to fire Arsenal ahead and Gill Flaherty doubled the advantage before a Jayne Ludlow free-kick made it 3-0 before the interval.
Natasha Dowie pulled one back for Everton on 55 minutes but the Gunners coasted through to set up a final with Sunderland at Derby's Pride Park stadium on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland, 3-0 winners over Chelsea, will be playing in their first final.
Arsenal entertain Everton in the league on Sunday after Thursday night's match with Watford.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'