Arsenal memories: FA set Wembley date for derby semi-final
This week in….1991 The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley – the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final. We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the even
This week in....1991
The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley - the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final.
"We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the event comfortably," said an FA spokesman.
The Gunners made it through after struggling to beat third division Cambridge 2-1 at Highbury.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Campbell fired Arsenal ahead after 20 minutes but the U's levelled through Dion Dublin. Tony Adams made it 2-1 on the hour mark but Dublin spurned two great chances late on to force a replay.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes