Arsenal memories: FA set Wembley date for derby semi-final
This week in….1991 The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley – the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final. We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the even
This week in....1991
The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley - the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final.
"We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the event comfortably," said an FA spokesman.
The Gunners made it through after struggling to beat third division Cambridge 2-1 at Highbury.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Campbell fired Arsenal ahead after 20 minutes but the U's levelled through Dion Dublin. Tony Adams made it 2-1 on the hour mark but Dublin spurned two great chances late on to force a replay.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash