Arsenal memories: FA set Wembley date for derby semi-final
This week in….1991 The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley – the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final. We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the even
This week in....1991
The FA confirmed Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Spurs would be played at Wembley - the first time the national stadium had ever hosted a semi final.
"We saw no merit in sending people up the motorway again when Wembley could stage the event comfortably," said an FA spokesman.
The Gunners made it through after struggling to beat third division Cambridge 2-1 at Highbury.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Campbell fired Arsenal ahead after 20 minutes but the U's levelled through Dion Dublin. Tony Adams made it 2-1 on the hour mark but Dublin spurned two great chances late on to force a replay.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 'One year in and the school's magic has made my world better'