This week in….1991 Champions Arsenal lose 3-2 at Nottingham Forest. Ian Woan, Teddy Sheringham and Scott Gemmill fired Brian Clough s side into a 3-0 lead on a frosty afternoon at the City Ground before late goals from Paul Merson and Alan Smith set up a
This week in....1991
Champions Arsenal lose 3-2 at Nottingham Forest.
Ian Woan, Teddy Sheringham and Scott Gemmill fired Brian Clough's side into a 3-0 lead on a frosty afternoon at the City Ground before late goals from Paul Merson and Alan Smith set up a grandstand finish.
"There's a bit too much cavalier stuff about us at the moment,'' Arsenal manager George Graham said. "It's great entertainment but we're conceding too many goals for an Arsenal team.''
Graham also admitted 1989 title winner Michael Thomas could leave Highbury.
"Obviously, Michael will be leaving the club,'' he added. "It has been clear for three years now that he was not going to sign a new contract."
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
Meanwhile, Arsenal mourned the loss of 1930 legend, Cliff 'Boy' Bastin, who died aged 79.