This week in…..1987 Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury. The Owls led through Colin West s first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis. Kev
This week in.....1987
Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury.
The Owls led through Colin West's first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis.
Kevin Richardson levelled on the hour before Perry Groves and Merson struck late goals to see off a Wednesday side who had won seven of their previous nine games.
You may also want to watch:
'"You should always try things," George Graham said after changing the formation from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 on Merson's introduction. "Sometimes you get a break. But you have to work for your breaks. Never forget that.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home