This week in…..1987 Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury. The Owls led through Colin West s first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis. Kev
This week in.....1987
Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury.
The Owls led through Colin West's first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis.
Kevin Richardson levelled on the hour before Perry Groves and Merson struck late goals to see off a Wednesday side who had won seven of their previous nine games.
You may also want to watch:
'"You should always try things," George Graham said after changing the formation from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 on Merson's introduction. "Sometimes you get a break. But you have to work for your breaks. Never forget that.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end