This week in…..1987 Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury. The Owls led through Colin West s first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis. Kev
This week in.....1987
Arsenal bounced back after two successive defeats with a 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury.
The Owls led through Colin West's first half strike before substitute Paul Merson inspired the hosts after replacing Paul Davis.
Kevin Richardson levelled on the hour before Perry Groves and Merson struck late goals to see off a Wednesday side who had won seven of their previous nine games.
You may also want to watch:
'"You should always try things," George Graham said after changing the formation from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 on Merson's introduction. "Sometimes you get a break. But you have to work for your breaks. Never forget that.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 10 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return