Arsenal memories: 2004
This week in….2004: Arsenal, whose 49 game unbeaten run had come to an end at Manchester United the previous week, needed a late Robin van Persie strike to grab a 2-2 draw at home to Southampton. Rory Delap netted twice after Thierry Henry gave the hosts
This week in....2004:
Arsenal, whose 49 game unbeaten run had come to an end at Manchester United the previous week, needed a late Robin van Persie strike to grab a 2-2 draw at home to Southampton.
Rory Delap netted twice after Thierry Henry gave the hosts the lead as Saints looked on the verge of an unlikely win, before the Dutchman's injury time leveller.
"Mentally it was very important not to lose a second game on the trot, " Arsene Wenger told reporters.
You may also want to watch:
"You, the media, would then say that we would lose the next 49...you would have hung us!"
Dennis Bergklamp added: "Usually we go out and take a few risks - but today we were not looking for the killer pass.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up