Arsenal memories: 2004
This week in….2004: Arsenal, whose 49 game unbeaten run had come to an end at Manchester United the previous week, needed a late Robin van Persie strike to grab a 2-2 draw at home to Southampton. Rory Delap netted twice after Thierry Henry gave the hosts
This week in....2004:
Arsenal, whose 49 game unbeaten run had come to an end at Manchester United the previous week, needed a late Robin van Persie strike to grab a 2-2 draw at home to Southampton.
Rory Delap netted twice after Thierry Henry gave the hosts the lead as Saints looked on the verge of an unlikely win, before the Dutchman's injury time leveller.
"Mentally it was very important not to lose a second game on the trot, " Arsene Wenger told reporters.
You may also want to watch:
"You, the media, would then say that we would lose the next 49...you would have hung us!"
Dennis Bergklamp added: "Usually we go out and take a few risks - but today we were not looking for the killer pass.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres