Arsenal memories: 1995
This week in….1995: Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal – just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed yes, we have signed him . The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read:
This week in....1995:
Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal - just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed ''yes, we have signed him''.
The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read: "We can confirm we've been in discussions with Inter but have been advised they are not prepared to transfer the player at this time."
Ince, in Italy for only three months, added: "I'm not going anywhere."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Gunners go down 1-0 at Rioch's former club, Bolton Wanderers - only their second defeat in 14 games.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 9 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village