Arsenal memories: 1995
This week in….1995: Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal – just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed yes, we have signed him . The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read:
This week in....1995:
Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal - just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed ''yes, we have signed him''.
The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read: "We can confirm we've been in discussions with Inter but have been advised they are not prepared to transfer the player at this time."
Ince, in Italy for only three months, added: "I'm not going anywhere."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Gunners go down 1-0 at Rioch's former club, Bolton Wanderers - only their second defeat in 14 games.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned