Arsenal memories: 1995
This week in….1995: Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal – just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed yes, we have signed him . The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read:
This week in....1995:
Internazionale refused to sell midfielder Paul Ince to Arsenal - just two days after Highbury boss Bruce Rioch claimed ''yes, we have signed him''.
The Gunners bid �6.5m for the former Manchester United star, but a club statement read: "We can confirm we've been in discussions with Inter but have been advised they are not prepared to transfer the player at this time."
Ince, in Italy for only three months, added: "I'm not going anywhere."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Gunners go down 1-0 at Rioch's former club, Bolton Wanderers - only their second defeat in 14 games.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill