Arsenal memories: 1988
This week in….1988: George Graham claimed Arsenal s 1-1 Littlewoods Cup draw at Liverpool was their finest performance since he arrived as manager two-and-a-half years ago. David Rocastle fired a stunning second half equaliser - cancelling out John Barnes
This week in....1988:
George Graham claimed Arsenal's 1-1 Littlewoods Cup draw at Liverpool was their finest performance since he arrived as manager two-and-a-half years ago.
David Rocastle fired a stunning second half equaliser - cancelling out John Barnes' opener - as the Gunners dominated much of the tie.
"We are getting closer to Liverpool's standards," said Graham. "We created a lot of chances. It is not often that Liverpool's goalkeeper is outstanding - all we lacked was the end product."
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish admitted: "If we can reach their standards I'll be happy. They were the better side. If you were an Arsenal punter you'd be disappointed with the draw.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale