Arsenal memories: 1988
This week in….1988: George Graham claimed Arsenal s 1-1 Littlewoods Cup draw at Liverpool was their finest performance since he arrived as manager two-and-a-half years ago. David Rocastle fired a stunning second half equaliser - cancelling out John Barnes
This week in....1988:
George Graham claimed Arsenal's 1-1 Littlewoods Cup draw at Liverpool was their finest performance since he arrived as manager two-and-a-half years ago.
David Rocastle fired a stunning second half equaliser - cancelling out John Barnes' opener - as the Gunners dominated much of the tie.
"We are getting closer to Liverpool's standards," said Graham. "We created a lot of chances. It is not often that Liverpool's goalkeeper is outstanding - all we lacked was the end product."
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish admitted: "If we can reach their standards I'll be happy. They were the better side. If you were an Arsenal punter you'd be disappointed with the draw.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve